RE: Lightroom back ups

That is the question Roy.  Lightroom doesn't handle photos the same way PS 7 or any other version of  photoshop does.  I know it creates a file of instructions on how to handle any given file including where that file is located.  Now if the location of that file changes, is Lightroom going to be able to find that file so as to apply the instructions that it has been given for a particular image.  Having the catalog in multiple places may not do you any good, or if it does it may require some steps to be done ahead of time so it will work properly when the worst happens.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Lightroom back ups
From: PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, December 14, 2011 9:05 am
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The Meta data can be changed or  updated without effecting the image file. When I add data to the info on a jpeg in PS 7.0 it doesn't ask me to recompress the file that happens when I do any change in the image data. I would assume this is the same for LR.

If you don't want to buy a mirror drive could you just copy the LR program or catalogue on to a smaller drive so you have a backup of the LR on another drive if your main drive goes down

Roy