Re: Lightroom back ups

The Meta data can be changed or  updated without effecting the image file. When I add data to the info on a jpeg in PS 7.0 it doesn't ask me to recompress the file that happens when I do any change in the image data. I would assume this is the same for LR.

If you don't want to buy a mirror drive could you just copy the LR program or catalogue on to a smaller drive so you have a backup of the LR on another drive if your main drive goes down

Roy