Re: A question

Bob asks:
I think this is the best place to get an answer to a question that came
up when a couple of us were chatting about cameras.

Given the same size sensor, the same lens, and the same processing which
will give a better photo, 18 megapixels or 15 megapixels.  The 15
megapixels are larger while the 18 megapixels are smaller since the
sensors are bothe the same size.

would you get a better result from a committee of 3 people or 30? ;) I'd go for the smaller number of pixels deciding what they see. but as others have said, there's many factos at play here.

camera firmware makes a huge difference (the committee)

Could I custom build this camera with a peltier or cryo-cooler? I might take the larger number of pixels if the camera had sensor cooling.

To be honest though my biggest interest in digital cameras is sensor size - I'd much rather take a full frame 6Mp over a 24Mp 1/2 frame.

k's komments