Re: A question

On Thu, December 1, 2011 10:29, Bob wrote:
> I think this is the best place to get an answer to a question that came
> up when a couple of us were chatting about cameras.
>
> Given the same size sensor, the same lens, and the same processing which
> will give a better photo, 18 megapixels or 15 megapixels.  The 15
> megapixels are larger while the 18 megapixels are smaller since the
> sensors are bothe the same size.

This is not a question with an absolute answer.

As a general rule of thumb, my answer is "15 megapixels".  This is because
very very few people ever make prints large enough for 15 megapixels to be
less than adequate, but people often do shoot at high enough ISOs for any
gain there to be of value.

But that's just a rule of thumb.

Also, the difference between 15 and 18 is small enough, for both issues,
that the other answer is "Doesn't much matter."

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info