Re: Lightroom should be coming today

At 10:48 AM -0600 11/30/11, Lea Murphy wrote:
With all due respect to Emily (and I do respect her greatly) LR and PS are completely different beasts. LR is a digital asset management system (you can even bring video clips in if you like) while PS is image editing. They are both important but they are definitely not the same.

However, most people don't have the RAM to use LR for serious digital asset management! The thumbs hog incredible amounts of hard drive space and using the keywording features for searching requires many more gobs of RAM than I can afford.

Most everyone I know uses LR for the same processes that the RAW converter is for - for imagine processing and manipulation. I've even had people suggest to me that I enter each new shoot as a separate project, so I don't have a problem with the RAM being clogged up with all the data of all the previous projects! If you're gonna use LR that way, why bother? The RAW converter does that.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx