Re: Converting color negs to digital positives

Firstly, I assume that when you "Invert" the negative image in PS to get a positive image, you will end up with a green-blue cast

If that's the case then my suggestion is to make a "Compensating Mask"  -  Create a layer above the image and fill it with an orange color and set the blending mode to "COLOR"  then, if it's way off, use Hue and Saturation to adjust it till its really close and finally use Color balance to get it right. Finer adjustment can be made by using opacity.

Once you have the color that works. use the eyedropper to get the RGB values and save the color as a swatch.

When you make the action you simply create a layer, fill it with that color, set the blending mode to color and adjust the opacity of the layer in needed. You can then save it as a PSD file and still have the facility to make fine adjustments later.

Herschel