Epson Scanners (V750 in particular!)

Am I alone in cursing the Epson software that comes with Epson scanners?
To use the shift key to select specific images - doesn't match with the use of CMD in OSX  or CTRL in Windows?
To be unable to save specific changes to the range for Black point to White point from 10 and 200 (I automatically change the 200 to 245)
To be unable to do a whole series of scans using the same basic settings.
And the colour controls are terrible, and made worse for me as I'm partially colour blind :(  I shall start scanning colour negs and slides soon. I suppose I'll have to scan to enorm ous 16 bit TIF files.
Finally no Epson RAW settings to allow better manipulation in Photoshop.

I looked at Vuescan and that didn't see any better thought through. Neither did Silverfast!

Or am I just being picky? Any suggestions welcomed

Howard