Re: PHOTOFORUM GALLERY

The knowledge of what camera settings were used neither improves nor
detracts from the image. The pique you seem to feel divulging these
details, however, does tend to detract from the image for me. Of course,
using the same camera, the same camera settings, in the same location, a
different person would not be able to create the same image, but why not
let them try? The technical details are occasionally interesting to a lot
of us; perhaps noting the perspective characteristics of a 17mm lens, for
example.

My point is, some folks always want to know the camera, lenses, ISO, exact
spot you stood, etc.; that means they liked the result, and wanted to
learn something from it*. Photography isn't a black art with secrets; in
fact, it is just the opposite, with many people sharing their successes
and failures, their settings and mis-settings.

Andrew

* "That's a wonderful picture, you must have a good camera!"

In a message dated 11/20/2011 1:36:20 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,