Partial Gallery Comment

Only have time for a couple of quick comments.

Montana by Mr. Earnest - Not only is the exposure the "right one" enabling me to just see enough detail in the foreground but it also allows the moon to illuminate the road perfectly while still letting me see the burning stars and the faint laser beam coming out of the tree on the lower, darkened hillside at the right. The light is almost surreal and definitely full of drama. However, what really thrills me is the composition. When I first scanned the thumbnail I immediately thought I would flip the image left to right to get the looming ridge on the right to keep my viewers in the image however when I looked at the large image I realized what Bobbert had done. The lines of the road lead me to the right then curve back directing me to the point behind the ridge and I'm happily trapped in the center. In fact the longer I look at it, the more I want to know what's around that corner? If I try to escape by following the lower ridge on the right, I find its uphill and I slide back to the center of the image. Hah.

All Saints Day by Mr. Cunningham - When I look at the thumbnail I clearly see a child's face looking off to the left yet when I look at the larger image that face completely disappears and to see it, I have to really work hard. Its a really cool effect. On the larger image I like how you see the top lip silhouetted against a patch of light coming in through one or more of the other orifices.

That's it.
Greg