Comments

Hans Klemmer
Monarch Parade, Belfast:  This is one of those photographs that is sad on one hand, yet uplifting on the other.  The last standing tenant tells of poverty and deterioration, yet that the buildings are being torn down speak to hope and renewal.    (Does anyone know what happened to the last tenant and his companion?)

Lea Murphy:  Kaufman Center:  I like the black and white rendition of this photograph, and the sweeping movement of the building.  The pole being in dead center bothers me a little, but is interesting in itself.

I think I’ve asked you this before, Lea, but I don’t remember; have you ever visited the Martin and Osa Johnson Safari Museum in Chanute, KS?

John Palcewski
Caution:  The fact that the yellow tape reads, “caution,” brings all kinds of questions to my mind.  But, I love the green (I live in the desert in southern California) and the fact that the road leads to the vanishing point in the upper left hand corner of the photograph.

Christopher Strevens
Mum at 99:  What you say is very worrisome, Chris, but sometimes I think our whole world lives in mediaeval times.  I’d like to return in 500 years to see if things have changed.

Sherie Taylor
God Father:  This image has a cold, unnatural feel to it, which lends to the chilling effect of The God Father.

Trevor Cunningham
chick:  This brings out the “can’t-resist-looking-at-a-train-wreck” instinct.  It’s hard to look away from this less than lovely creature, but yet – it’s less than lovely.  (Adorable in its own way, though.)

Thank you to Andy and staff for hanging this show.  I’ve enjoyed perusing it.

Marilyn

****
Have you ever wished you could tell your childhood self a thing or two about growing up?
Would the knowledge you know now have saved you from learning things the hard way?

It's Tough Growing Up: Children's Stories of Courage
Marilyn Dalrymple and Joan Foor
www.itstoughgrowingup.com
***
Where's Ezra? A children's story about being and having friends.
Marilyn Dalrymple, author; Leslie Duffey, Illustrator