Re: PF members exhibit on 10/29/11

Emily Ferguson, Milkweed.   This is a fascinating and powerful
abstract that suggests all sorts of moods and movement.  Part of it
looks like a dancer, other parts strange exotic animals.   It works!

Trevor Cunningham, small leaf detail.  This looks like a plan for a
housing development with zillions of cul de sacs, a surreal place of
little or no exits.  Just in time for Halloween.   But then that
American entertainment isn't done in the UK, is it?

Sherie Taylor, Halloween.  This is either sad or an example of dark
humor.  What, could the departed want with pumpkins, spooks and
goblins?  But then maybe he/she loved it, and his/her survivors are
humoring him/her.

Christopher Strevens, My first success.  This reminds me of my first
success building a crystal radio receiver, which consisted of a Quaker
Oats cylinder wrapped with enamled wire, a variable capacitor, and a
chunk of silvery crystal touched by a cat whisker-like probe.   The
longer I made my single-wire antenna, the more stations I pulled in,
especially on a clear night.

Michael Hughes, October evening on  Barton Water.  The mosst
recognizable and understandable thing here is the caption.  Foreground
is grosslly underexposed, and the water is overexposed and blurry.

Pini Vollach, duo   There's not much here that is representative of
Chelsea, but the juxtaposition is interesting.

Don Roberts, Fall Corn Field.  Were this in my viewfinder, I'd stoop
down or raise the camera over my head to see if I could move the top
of the little tree off the horizon.   Now, it seems to me that if you
were really serious about showing PhotoForum members what it's like
where you live and work, you'd spend some time on making the quality
of the image as high as possible.