RE: PHOTOFORUM digest 5833

That is about what I expected.  I thought the droid would be slightly smaller, but neither is anything that I would leave my camera behind for and use the camera phone in its place.  It may have some uses, but it also might be like the project I gave myself some time ago.  I did a project that made me use only consumer grade film and equipment to see what I could come up with.  Interesting homework, but did nothing with it.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 5833
From: Dan Mitchell <danmdan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, October 25, 2011 3:52 am
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Anyone with an IPhone out there ever check this out to see just how big of a file you actually have to work with? With all the Iphones out there, Id be interested to know

My iPhone 4 produced a jpeg image of a typical garden scene of around 2 MB size, giving me, in Photoshop Elements an 8.64 x 6.453 inches image at 300 pixels/inch - or 2592 x 1936 pixels. I expect the iPhone 4S to be better than this. My first digital camera from Panasonic produced tiny 640 x 480 pixels images !

dan