Re: the Next Big Thing - phone image file size

Andy:
iPhone G3 full size photo record is 1536 × 2048 - I think the G4 files are larger

that comes up as 3Mp though
http://www.esato.com/phones/Apple-iPhone+4-622
claims 5Mp.

http://www.esato.com/phones/Apple-iPhone+4S-866
claims 8 for the 4s

My 6 year old old Samart i-Mobile 902 has a 5Mp cam.. at the time Samsung had an 11Mp on the market

http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/index.php?make=samart&model=i-mobile+902 - I picked the largely-unheard-of-in-the-west Malaysian phone as it was manufactured by Sony and had one of the nicest cameras in a phone at the time. On the whole it's been fantasic as a camera that's been there when I want to snap, but again - small sensors...

I find though that snapping isn't really my thing I tend to take ages to make pictures.

(esato is a neat site for those wanting to evaluate cameras in phones)