Re: PF Members Exhibit on OCT 9, 2011

John Retallack 51 Ford    This, in my opinion,  is the sort of shot
that demands absolute sharpness all around, and this one delivers in a
most satisfactory manner.  I guess I'm so drawn to carefully focused
images lately because I've been immersed in the work of the Victorian
photographer Julia Margaret Cameron (1815 - 1879) who deliberately
made fuzzy portraits of famous figures such as Tennyson, Browning,
Longfellow, etc.  These out-of-focus images caused an outcry among
critics but were generously praised by her subjects.

Trevor Cunningham bougainvillea river delta.  Yep.  The lower branch
is how some deltas look when photographed from an aircraft at 60,000
feet.  Up there if you are in an unpressurized cabin and don't put on
yer oxygen mask, you'll pass out.

Chris Strevens Thoughtful - we will never know.   Speaking of soft
focus, it works perfectly in this excellent portrait.   The mystery of
the author deepens, eh?

Sherie Taylor Kirk Douglas Theater at night   For many young people
Kirk Douglas is a figure of the distant past, and this rather
melancholy image of a theater at night is a sort of lament at his
passing.

Emily L. Ferguson In NYC   A triumph of minimalism, especially if you
know exactly where this was taken.

http://mediamacaroni.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/guggenheim-exterior.jpg