Re: PF members exhibit Sept. 24, 11

On 9/24/11 7:12 AM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:

John Palcewski - Vittoria
Egypt? I imagine you having to swat away tenacious vendors while trying to get a nice atmospheric shot. In ancient Egypt, soldiers were awarded a golden fly for tenacity in battle.

Jim Snarski - Industrious
Great catch, as usual. While I like the narrow depth of field, I find the background a little heavy on the pixel noise.

Rene M Hales - Toby
Sorry, I know that look well...that pooch is a master beggar. I would like these filters better if they weren't filters. Seems emulating old faded 110 and polaroids has been a fad in the past few years. While adding a touch of warmth and sentimentality, I'd prefer it come from film to have this effect than digital. But a perfect subject and setting for such an image.
Dan Mitchell - Middlethorpe Hall
All this shot is missing is man in a funny hat and baggy trousers cursing his sand wedge. The composition looks like it could go on a web page or travel brochure...too bad it's on an iPhone.

Yoram Gelman - Croton Dam -- April 2011-- II
Wicked cool. Thumbs up!

Sherie Taylor - Read
Finally, a picture of a statue I don't mind. Seems rather Norman Rockwell-ish for a photo.

Marilyn Dalrymple - Just One of the Gang
Life number 7?