RE: Just wanted to share

That ain't bragging.  That is promotion or an announcement.  From someone with a long history of contributing to the list, its great news.  Job well done.  Not only is it hard work to print the prints, its hard work to get them ready for display.  If it were closer, I'd be the first in line to attend.

Now if it were a brand new poster making an announcement like that on their first post, personally I'd consider it spam.  Though I wouldn't say anything because it is photography related, they probably were just making the rounds of every mail list out there that had something to do with photography.  (and probably many of those that don't)  That certainly isn't the case with Rene whose posts have added a great deal to the discussions, and though I may not always agree with the opinion, I most certainly respect them as well thought out an carefully considered.  No way I would ever consider an announcement from a member like that spam.
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Just wanted to share
From: Rene M Hales <rene@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, September 06, 2011 3:34 pm
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Some news. I am not meaning to brag or anything like that. I just wanted to
share a show that I have that will open on Friday, September 16th in
Lexington, KY USA. I have been spending a lot of time I the darkroom doing
tri-color gum printing.

Here is a link to the invitation and to my images that will be in the show.
The first 14 are the new ones that will be in the show.

http://www.pbase.com/halesr/alt_process

First image is the invitation.

Rene

Rene Hales