Re: Psychological Motives for Pursuing Photography

Truth, I believe, is indivisible and unknowable in its entirety.

There exists only one true reality, which can be experienced by our minds in an infinite number of ways.
An artwork can artistically suggest only a very rough approximation of a single view of reality based on the artist's experience.
But no artistic work is able to capture and present all of the artist's actual creative intent in producing it:
Every work of art is part of reality, but only part, and by nature cannot imitate reality completely.

All art is imperfect.

Art is thrilling when it evokes aspects of reality beyond what it actually presents.