Re: Psychological Motives for Pursuing Photography

On Thu, September 1, 2011 09:12, Jeff McSweeney - Creative Strategist wrote:

> By entering a scene the photographer, by her very presence, changes the
> truth.

More or less, sure.

> The use of a wide angle or telephoto lens, black & white or color, to lie
> down or stand on a ladder changes the truth.

No, it does not.  It changes the image.  It does NOT change the truth.

> There is no such thing as a purely true image.

I don't know what "purely true image" means.  To a first approximation,
ALL camera-original images are "true".  (What they're not, IMHO, is
"complete".)

> For the sake of this discussion please share the image that carries the
> most truth to you.

Some one image?  For me, that's not a meaningful question.
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info