Re: PF members exhibit on AUG 06, 2011

>>              Bob Talbot - Light Box
>
>A very strong graphic, excellent composition and the fuzzy red
>background works well. I don't really have a clue what I'm looking at,
>except perhaps some interesting distorted reflections of pieces of
>metal. It could be a commercial piece, or an abstract. But it doesn't
>matter, this is very nicely done.

Thanks for the comment.

Still not sure what I make of this.
It started with a silly idea -

"take a photo of a chrome sphere without being able to see the camera"

So, on top of a large lightbox I built a cube of reflective (silver cardboard lined) material.
In the box (light from below) I stood two chrome rods ... one with a sphere and one with a 20g balance weight resting
on top.

To hide the camera, I had a small window of half-mirrored glass and shot from outside in a dark room.

The red ... just a piece of cardboard dropped inside tom amke it more interesting than a plain colour.

The distortion, I bent the silver card over ....

Achieved?  Can't see the camera.

Art?   Heck - it's just a photo. No photoshoppery ... just a straight picture.

Rob