Re: Photoshop Question

1. duplicate the base image layer and take it to the top of the layers palette 2. at the top of the layers palette (Right below the "LAYER" title) is a little window which reads "NORMAL" click on the arrows to get the drop-down menu and select "Overlay" (These are called Blending modes) then fiddle with opacity till you get what you want. You may also want to try other blending modes to experiment with the look.

Good luck
Herschel