Photoshop Question

I checked with the Photoshop forum, but no replies so I thought I might query the group.

I read and experimented with a technique some time ago, where you could sort of blend the coloring and feel of a base image such as a classic oil painting with one of our own images. Giving our image a kind of classic oil look.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the author or where the technique is described?

Thanks,
Gregory
Fireframe Imaging