Re: It finally happened

At 11:42 PM -0400 7/23/11, Russ wrote:
Hi Gang...........

Well it finally happened.

I got robbed.
Terrible. Makes one sick to the stomach, especially if someone comes into the house.

That happened to me last winter - 2 30D bodies, a Metz and a Canon flash, long zoom, short zoom, quickrelease adapters - out of the car on a 10° night.

They had to walk 50 feet away from the street up my driveway to get to my car...

So I went big. Bought a 7D on eBay for $1300 (had 8000 actuations), a Really Right Stuff L bracket for the quickrelease head (no longer have to drop the ball head into the side slot), a new Metz flash, long zoom and short zoom used from B&H.

I don't like being restricted to a single camera body. Don't much care for having to change lenses. But the new body takes video and has this miraculous new feature of removing dust from the sensor whenever one turns it off or on. That really works.

I have not had to spot an image since.

The files are huge, 52M tiffs. 800 ISO is pretty noise-free, the old bodies were unusable after 200 ISO. The Metz doesn't require a transmitter adapter because it's all built in to the Canon. Recently I found I should have bought a Canon flash, however, because the Metz won't dial down from the camera body.

So there's my experience, Russ.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx