Gallery comments

Comments on the gallery posted 7/23/2011 (The gallery of the week is online at <http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html>).

John Palcewski -- Shadow -- Extreme treatments of contrast and saturation; more extreme than Velvia even, it seems to me! The shadow is fascinating, though today I tend to suspect it of being "art" rather than straight photography. It's more interesting if it's straight, though (in this case, to me; I'm not attempting to promulgate a universal rule there).

Bob Sull -- Flash the nature photographer -- Not too bad a stance, but tell him to tuck his elbows in more!

Rene M Hales -- New Mexico ~ Horse -- I like the shading interacting with the coat, certainly. But the eye is more obscured than I like.

Emily L. Ferguson -- abandoned -- The variety of angles of the window frames show the abandonment. They'd show it better if the bottom line of planters wasn't clearly not square to the frame.

Rob Talbot -- Lover's Walk -- (mistitled in gallery, I believe) Not sure what I'm looking at, ice or chemical crystals, plant leaves, or something. I'm suspect hot ashes were somehow involved.

Christopher Strevens -- On the Serbian border -- That does look like the viewpoint to maximize the amount of pavement in the frame.

Don Roberts -- Barn Scene -- The color palette is striking and the light is rather nice. I don't find it busy in a bad way; I don't see a simple central image that the rest of the busyness detracts from. Did you find other images with that rope at the lower right more central? It looks really neat.

Yoram Gelman -- Power Hungry -- Don't anthropomorphize heavy engineering projects! They hate that! (sorry) Could effects suggest the presence of "electricity" or something in the direction it's reaching, too.

Thanks to everybody participating in the gallery this week!
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info