Re: PF members exhibit 02-07-11

At 11:52 AM -0400 7/2/11, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated July 2, 2011. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

           Trevor Cunningham - eddie floyd

pretty good, but there's more black than I'd like on the R. Was there nothing that would go in that space? Instrument? Hand?

           Marilyn Dalrymple - Hiding in Plain Sight

The ears gave it away! Sun sinks they are. There's something not quite right about the tonality of the curtain - it's just a bit too tan to feel quite right about sunshine.

           Jim Snarski - Wet Chick

Needs bikini, or at least bikini top. Fabulous! How close was that bird bath to you?

           Pini Vollach - Turkish Market

I'm not sure I like the melange of stuff and reflections. And I kinda wish there were something irrefutably Turkish about it.

           Don Roberts - X Bridge

Funny how hard we try to avoid things in the center, and yet I wish the opening in the trees were exactly above the X in the cables.

           Christopher Strevens - Home for the destitute Budapest

There's a pink-ness in the wall which would drive me into the streets! But I generally like the way you've used perspective to shape the overall image.

           Sherie Taylor - Artist at work

I do wish there were something in the photo which confirmed that the person was an artist. She could be reading a book for all I can tell. Always good to have something red in the picture, and the arrangment of objects is pretty good. The image is kinda flat.

           Roger Eichhorn - New Mexico forest fire plume

Really needed you to be using a real camera. There's too much foreground and too much sky. It could be a cloud.

To participate in this activity send your contributions early and anything you can do to prepare the photographs so they do not require additional adjustment would be much appreciated. Especially keeping them near 100Kb in maximum size. Please take an extra minute to abide by this request but if you have doubts about how to prepare images just send them anyway and the capable gallery staff will adjust them for exhibition.

Do what Andy says, now and send in something for next week.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx