The much awaited Tirado comments on Gallery

Comments on this week Member's Gallery:

Christopher Strevens
Garlic Onion Processor, Mako Hungary
I always await for Christopher's photos. He has an odd quality for the common situation. I particularly like his indoor work. Here, I think I would have liked a different light - perhaps some heavy digital post-processing - to make the scene more dramatic.

Yoram Gelman
Liz - before her concert at Bargemusic
A very interesing scene. The shadows / backlight (and overall color tone) invite a sense of nostalgia. The background suggest a different world outside, like she was alone with her thoughts.
I almost forgot all about alternative processes, but I keep appreciating them as the real fine art of photography.

Dan Mitchell
Hotel lobby
A very good eye for minimalism! I don't travel much, but I thought this was a bar. The person at the end of the lines adds a (wanted) touch of interest.

John Retallack
red chevy tailight
I once had a student who brought isolated details of a car and I realized, such as in this case, that apparently no subject is ever completely done. You succeed with the nostalgia, I think, but I perceive more a statement of design, curiously, very modern because of the recent resurgence of "retro".

Sherie Taylor
Windows Shopping
This earns the "Alberto" for the week as most intriguing. In all honesty, I don't think I understand this photo. I think "something" is missing. The composition and use of color is good, but the stand styles do not correspond, and everything is so still... I tried to make something of the human figures, but wasn't sure at the end.

Katharina Kitaeva
Chocolate
A very nice picture of a favorite candy! I would only criticize the hard folding along the bottom. I think the fact that the exposed chocolate does not have the golden paper is very fortunate, as well as the byte is good in size and placement. This brought me the recent "infinite focus" camera, maybe because for one time I got to try a sort of "pseudo-pinhole", which I think was described here as several layers of different focus and then blending the desired parts of each layer. Anyway, you earn a "Celina Mention" this week.

Bob Sull
Now, where are my shoes?
I would have liked the photo to go past "curiosity" and well into "mystery". This would have required a more dramatic angle (lower) and lightning. When I say this, I know I am "demanding" to my own interest or expectations, but not to be arrogant at all! Maybe I'm too obsessed with "narrative" that I want to find a story above all.

Don Roberts
Devil's Horn
Great color and texture! I would have wanted a reference for the scale of things. If some people think of this as obscene, perhaps the photo itself would be regarded as obscene too? That would enrage and sadden me.

I avoided commenting on my own photo because I went to an extreme in the description itself, but I just want to say that I picked it because "I" liked it so much that the client ceased to matter to me. I knew this had to be the picture in "their" wall!

Alberto Tirado