Re: Light Field photography?

Well my understanding which might not be correct is that it collects extra data such as the light beams direction and records all the data in one file. So if you want to make stereoscopic prints you direct the software to produce two images as if the images were taken from six inches apart ( or whatever the distance is between your eyes). Or you direct the software to create maximum depth of field etc.
Roy