Re: Updaters wanted! [comments]

On 5/27/11 9:15 AM, Herschel Mair wrote:
What happened to knowing the difference between "WE" and We're"
I also see it often with "Your" "You" being used where "You're" should be: "Your not getting that printer" or "You not getting that printer" instead of "You're not getting that printer" How did all this get so entirely forgotten?
I take this regression to mean there isn't enough discussion on the pictures from this week's gallery:

D.L. Shipman - Rodeo
Well captured action shot. Focus, exposure, composition (at least for me), are all spot on. But is noise a factor of really high ISO for action, or is it a filter of sorts? Whichever, it does wreak havoc with the dirt which seems to have this distracting vibrancy.

John Palcewski - Curious
Pink newspapers, leisurely Italian geriatrics, espresso...I imagine there's a bocce ball pitch nearby. It's good to be reminded of people interacting over something they've read

Sherie Taylor - Lady Statue
Well exposed and good use of light. The background does not help this image. Your depth of field is too deep for your subject to stand out. Although, one could observe a striking contrast between the curves of the statue and the hard lines and right angles of the rest of the image.

Andrew Sharpe - Raindrop #3
All around great image. Fantastic detail where it's needed, excellent range and arrangement. Great job!

Emily Ferguson - Dudley turns 80
And Dudley seems to be having a blast at the ripe old age of 80. Dudley's got a squeeze box, grandma never sleeps at night!

Michael Hughes - Hurdygurdy man
Of all the covers of the song Hurdygurdy man, the only one that's really struck me is that from the Butthole surfers. Which, considering I've never really understood the phrase "hurdy gurdy", makes this rather quaint image strikingly bizarre and appealing to me. I find it informative with a cultural polarity to my own. Thanks!
Dan Mitchell - Twins
I find the title a little creepy. Does her mirror image have a soul unique to itself? Is it her evil twin? Is she the evil twin? She glares at you while the other looks away. I've never trusted tea houses.