Re: Updaters wanted!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Strevens" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2011 1:38 PM
Subject: RE: Updaters wanted!

Hi,

I would like to send you an image but because of a cyber attack on my
computer which necessitated a system rebuild that I lost all my data,
including all my images. I will try to accumulate some more.

Chris

dear lord Chris! If you ever have to rebuild a system, grab yourself a new hard drive and install the OS to that, then using a cheap and easily available external USB drive adapter or case, run data recovery software over it (as well as malware scanners after) and at least try to get back all your personal data and images.. cheap new 1 terabyte drives can be bought for less than $100

Better yet, by way of preventative insurance, mirror your initial setup to a drive and should this ever happen again you can just swap in your new mirrored drive and then do the data recovery or malware sweeps on your old one

you shouldn't have to loose all your data!