Re: PF members exhibit May 14, 2011

http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
               Dan Mitchell - Country Cottage
I can see beyond the fence there is a residence of sorts. The title seems appropriate, but I still have difficulty getting much further than the gate.
               Herschel Mair - Dragon-sword lady in Persian Souq
Ugh. I wasn't expecting this from you. So many things wrong with this image for me: not unique to the location; relatively offensive to the culture of the location of the background image; just not into the fantasy thing; the lens flare off the sword is a bit much considering the gratuity of the "tattoo" and other sword, considering the background has a guy pushing a dolly; how Persian is this market in Oman?...I have no doubt you could sell this image in America.
               Pini Vollach - PhotoMontage
Looks digital, confusing....lost interest quickly. Interesting take on camouflage, perhaps a security contractor might take interest for jungle ops.
               Katharina Kitaeva - The Tragedy
Praying, or consumed in grief. Something bad has happened, considering the background. But I cannot escape this feeling of disconnect between the subject and the background...they're a fitting pair, but, perhaps, the depth of field makes this scene a bit separated. Is this live or a composite?
               John Palcewski - Amor Patris
As for the title, I see a father and a son. But the posturing of the capture and the title make me think you're having a juvenile laugh. Sorry.
               Sherie Taylor - The Fountain
Nice documentary shot...damned people in the way.
               Don Roberts - Floral Tribute
I do like what the effect did for the flower, but the stem and background didn't fare so well. Not an effective image for me.
               Christopher Strevens - The road
Looks familiar.