Re: Comments

Here's a neat way to straighten out a picture. I did the below for years until I learned this method. Takes a few seconds... and no trial and error.

On Apr 25, 2011, at 12:53 PM, PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:

Its a nice picture. To straighten out the top of the stage (I am assuming that is what the circular structure with the columns and head frame is) a 1° Clockwise rotation in Photoshop and then cutting off the white margins to get it back to a rectilinear format should do the trick. Horizon shots with items in the close foreground always seem to be a little crooked in my experience and need a slight bit of manipulation in Photoshop.
Roy

In a message dated 4/25/2011 11:36:53 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dd-b@xxxxxxxx writes:
>>            David Dyer-Bennet - April
> Undisturbed snow, well exposed. I suppose the overcast sky helped with
> that. Seems a little lopsided, but I like the wide angle perspective
> here.

Haven't had time to try it yet, but I think part of the problem making
it funny-looking is that the camera was tilted a bit (hand held for 5
shots, if I remember right).   I almost didn't think of using a panorama
to get me more width (and there's a bit of trouble with the top of the
nearest fence post there at the right, because it was too close and the
camera was just swung by hand).

I've been taking pictures each late snow storm to post to appall my
friends in warmer climates :-).

Thanks for the comments!