Re: Better snapshots!

David, I've been going to SF conventions for over 40 years and the only suggestion I'd give a fan who wanted to take "good pictures" would be that they should be aware of what's going on around them.  Situational awareness can produce very good images that are truly memorable.  Costumers will pose in the halls for the occasional "formal" photo;  the best snapshot is when you catch the "alien" scratching his/her butt.   The technique is closer to street photography.

Bill