From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karl Shah-Jenner
Sent: 12 April 2011 10:20 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: 110 film camera

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Eichhorn" <eichhorn@xxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 11:31 AM
Subject: 110 film camera

I have a small 110 film camera, probably a promotional item, which is a 3 cm

cube that opens to receive a film cassette.  It's labeled "The Nature
Company Outdoor Mini Camera," and hangs from a key ring.  From a Google
search there appear to be B&W and color expired film available for this
camera. But, how does one get the film developed and printed?  I doubt that
the folks who run the local Walgreen's photo shop have ever seen such a
thing.  I've had this little gadget for years but have done nothing with it.

I'd like to try it.  Anyone have any advice?

Roger

I loaded a few colour cartridges with split Fuji B&W 16mm film once (that
was a bother) - after processing the expired c41 films already in the
cartridges in black and white developer.  Those are a pain to print because
of the orange mask, but they eventually print =)  I used ordinary B&W
printing paper rather than the ridiculously expensive - and now probably
unavailable panchromatic sensitivity B&W paper.

Start with Rodinal at 1:50 for 9 minutes.. that should give a good result.

If you were to scan as B&W instead of  printing to paper you might find that

easier too

Fun little cameras - I have a Pentax SRL with 3 interchangeable lenses and
the conventionally shaped Minolta 110 zoom models.  I also have a couple of
the Minolta 16mm cameras, but to be honest - these, along with ordinary
Polaroids and the tiny 35mm Rollei are all more used for curiosities sake
than anything else.

Instant, 35mm and smaller formats were made to be used in
convenient-to-carry-and/or-use cameras.  Digital is simply far better when
it comes to convenient, hence the little cameras being displaced so
easily... by phones.