Re: 110 film camera

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Eichhorn" <eichhorn@xxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 11:31 AM
Subject: 110 film camera

I have a small 110 film camera, probably a promotional item, which is a 3 cm cube that opens to receive a film cassette. It's labeled "The Nature Company Outdoor Mini Camera," and hangs from a key ring. From a Google search there appear to be B&W and color expired film available for this camera. But, how does one get the film developed and printed? I doubt that the folks who run the local Walgreen's photo shop have ever seen such a thing. I've had this little gadget for years but have done nothing with it. I'd like to try it. Anyone have any advice?

Roger

I loaded a few colour cartridges with split Fuji B&W 16mm film once (that was a bother) - after processing the expired c41 films already in the cartridges in black and white developer. Those are a pain to print because of the orange mask, but they eventually print =) I used ordinary B&W printing paper rather than the ridiculously expensive - and now probably unavailable panchromatic sensitivity B&W paper.

Start with Rodinal at 1:50 for 9 minutes.. that should give a good result.

If you were to scan as B&W instead of printing to paper you might find that easier too

Fun little cameras - I have a Pentax SRL with 3 interchangeable lenses and the conventionally shaped Minolta 110 zoom models. I also have a couple of the Minolta 16mm cameras, but to be honest - these, along with ordinary Polaroids and the tiny 35mm Rollei are all more used for curiosities sake than anything else.

Instant, 35mm and smaller formats were made to be used in convenient-to-carry-and/or-use cameras. Digital is simply far better when it comes to convenient, hence the little cameras being displaced so easily... by phones.