comments"fingers."

Don Roberts
Bamboo Forest:  I like this a lot.  First, I love bamboo and I love forests, but I enjoy the upward motion of the bamboo, and the lace-like look of the leaves;  the green and white, the pink of the foreground and the suggestion of a stairway - it all just works together.  It has the look of a painting.  Very nice.

Emily L. Ferguson
Entrance to the Hirshorn:  The pattern of the top third of the photograph directs my eye to the water, and the repeating of the circular shapes holds my eye within the frame.  The people in the photograph add interest.  Well done.

Dan Mitchell

Landscape with clouds:  What a great example of a vanishing point and perspective. The clouds make the photograph by adding interest and some contrast.  This photograph is  composed very well and I like the 1/3 sky, 2/3s land.

Andrew Sharpe

Rain-made lake in the Stanford arboretum:  This has a Haiku/Zen feel to it.  It is peaceful, interesting, and I love the delicate, intricate reflections of the stems.  You have a good eye, Andrew.

John Palcewski
Agitated:  I like the feeling of energy this photograph gives me. I've studied it for some time and it holds my interest.  Nice textures (not quite the word I want).

Kim Mosley
Sharpened Street Tar:  I think this took great imagination and a very good eye to see the pattern in this photograph.  If it were my photograph, I might compose it at an upper right, lower left angle just to see how it works.

Roy Miller
Yellow Red Girl:  I like the pose of the model and her _expression_, the composition and framing., but I think the color is too much and detracts from the model.

Herschel Mair:  The building is great with the faded, worn colors.  The lines and poles, which I usually curse because they are distracting, fit in with the subject matter as does the yellow water hydrant.

Laurenz Bobke
Spring visitor:  I love it.  The colors are perfect and I especially enjoy seeing his (her?) tiny fingers and the sparkle in its eye.

A great show.  Thank you to all.

Marilyn