Re: Canon PowerShot

Hi Marilyn,

It's common for LCD units to develop poor contacts with the rest of the circuitry they're supposed to connect to. I would try pressing gently around the periphery of the LCD.  It's a frequent problem with the temperature control display on my aging Mercedes Benz 280.  I just press on the display and it works again for a few days. Just now I Googled "SD870IS screen issues" (sans quotes) and found a bunch of hits.  They may not address your problems, but it's worth a look.

As to a replacement, David Pogue (NYTimes.com) was gaga about the Canon S95 in his Xmas review of gadgets.  It's about $370.

Best,
Roger

On 25 Mar 2011, at 7:24 PM, Marilyn wrote:

> Hi Mark and Lea,
>
> I did replace the media card and recharged the battery.  When downloading the photos to the computer the flaws do not show.
>
> I do think I can continue to use this camera until I save up for a new one and I had a feeling it was the LCD screen.  I think that’s what it is.
>
> Thank you both for your help and suggestions;  I appreciate them very much.
>

> Marilyn

Roger Eichhorn
Professor Emeritus
University of Houston