RE: Canon PowerShot

Two possibilities that come to mind.  First do the images when viewed on a computer or something other than the camera have the same problems?  If so its likely the LCD screen and if you can live with it, its not affecting the final product.  It would get really annoying, but it would work.  IF you see the same problems when you look at it on something else, I'd guess it was a sensor and if you are old enough to remember Dandy Don on Monday Night Football, that's what I sing.  Either way Id be saving for a new camera pretty quickly.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Canon PowerShot
From: Marilyn <marilyn160@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, March 25, 2011 12:18 pm
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

My Canon PowerShot SD870IS Digital Elph has a fingerprint sized dark grey spot on the viewing screen in the top center 1/3 of the screen.  There is also a dark grey line about 3/4 of an inch long in the upper right hand corner of the viewing screen.

Also, when shooting indoors there are purple specks (it looks like dozens of little ants are running around my screen) that show up.  I bought the camera in 2008, brand new.  Any suggestions as to what is wrong, or is it just time to replace it?

Marilyn

****
Have you ever wished you could tell your childhood self a thing or two about growing up?
Would the knowledge you know now have saved you from learning things the hard way?

It's Tough Growing Up: Children's Stories of Courage
Marilyn Dalrymple and Joan Foor
www.itstoughgrowingup.com