sloooooow lightroom

I have been using Lightroom for quite some time and of late have been experiencing a very, very bogged down system.

Haven't changed anything. I'm running LR on a duel quad core 2.8 Intel Mac Pro with 22 gigs of ram.

This just sort of happened out of the blue and is driving me nutty.

I use one catalog which contains, at this moment, 167,128 images.

Anyone have hints, tips or tricks on how to speed things up or where I might go to find out how to do so?

Thanks,

Lea

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com