Re: PF members exhibit on MAR 19, 11

Rene M Hales - flamenco Two thumbs down, in my opinion, because two thirds of this composite consists of someone else's artwork, which makes the prominent signature in the lower right a bit what? Misplaced? Distracting? Narcissistic? All of the above? And why is it necessary to say you sold it to someone, and that it is an "archival inkjet print?" Does that form of crass advertising hype make the thing more original or valuable or whatever? Or is it an echo of the pretentious "silver gelatin print" label that's stuck on images in galleries and museums?
Ken Hendricks - Beach Waves This is a pleasant yet at the same time a cold and lonely view of the sea and the rising (or setting) sun. Seems like New England.
John Retallack - Maybe I'm in a bad mood today, but this image summons all sorts of negative feelings. Like, it's a deliberate exploitation of old folks, cleverly disguised as volunteer work. Verrrry creepy. The use of the decades-old photo and its reverse is gimmicky, manipulative, almost cynical. Ugh!ÂÂ
Rob Talbot - Snail Ah, that's much better. Whew! A nice abstraction that suggests land masses, seas, long journeys. A harmony of subtle tones and textures.
Don Roberts - Yellow Would you have sent this image to the gallery had Japan NOT have just experienced a huge, overwhelming tragedy? The caption seems terribly condescending. Oh, look! Japanese send kids to school in uniforms! Isn't that odd? And they wear hats to "keep them straight." Very clever, those Japanese.Â
Trevor Cunningham - pigeon house This looks like one of those huge ant or termite hills in Australia. Odd, but intriguing.
Yoram Gelman - Forest of Ice Nice shot, but I'd trim a bit off the right side.