RE: PF members exhibit on MAR 12 2011

display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

                D.L. Shipman - A place in the sun
Nice composition but What is the subject of this image ? The man or the boat
on the horizon ?
I think, a composition of the man and shore and horizon lines, hence the
boat must not be there.
Use PS to eliminate it and you'll get better image.

                Tina Manley - Rhinoceros with Rainbows
I like the weather mood but the grass is too shiny for me.
(I think you boost the saturation in order to emphasize the rainbow)
I ask myself, again, what is the subject here ? All I can think about is a
coincidence of having Rhinoceros with Rainbows at the same place.
Although the picture is nice, something is not working for me here.
I also would like to see a perfect horizontal horizon.
Try cropping just under the Rhinoceros legs.

                Jim Thyer - Baptism
Here the subject is clear.
Every one is at his right task and position.

                Dan Mitchell - Closed
Again, what is the subject here ?
Dan told us the answer in his writing.
In this case I would expect the two ladies not to be there.
If they would not be there we could see the signboard "Open to..." against
the closed door.
Now, we only see two ladies walking in the street - not interesting.

                Don Roberts - Sunset Experiment
OK Don, It works.
...and Japan now in the heart of our interest...

                Rene M Hales - Just Stems
The thumbnail was promising.
I very like the idea but in such an image something have to be in focus and
very sharp.
In this image that should be the bunch a little left from the center.
Unfortunately it is not.
Is it hard to achieve with a lensbaby ? ( I never used one.)

                Christopher Strevens - Shopping Mall in Budapest
The near window is interesting. But, again, what is the subject here ?
The red guy take my eyes away from this window but nothing interesting
happen there.

                Emily L. Ferguson - Late afternoon view
The afternoon light give good mood to the landscape.
I'm not sure if the grilled window contribute something.
The horizontal piers lines compete a bit with the window lines.
The illuminate wall on the right side with its shadows look interesting.
I would prefer more of it in the frame.
As it is, again, it is useful to ask what is the subject?

Hope this is for help.
Thanks to all the Gallery contributors.

Pini Vollach