Re: Egypt tips?

Go to the Baharayia Oasis in the Western Desert and go on a desert safari in the New White Desert and other spots. No other place like it on the planet. Ask for a guide named Kuka (I wish I still knew how to contact him). Siwa would be another option.

I lived in Egypt for six years, even know a local photographer that got stitched up in the recent unrest. If anytime is right to travel in Egypt, it is now. These peoples' livelihoods depend on tourism and will make certain you have a safe and enjoyable time. They are beautiful, warm people whose hospitality is difficult to match.