printing on textured art papers

My wonderment:

I'm certain others here print on textured art papers.

If your experience is anything like mine, the images frequently flake or speck despite ginger handling.

Is there a fix to this?

A spray fixative or some other way to harden that image on the paper?

I am using Hahnemuhle Museum and Hahnemuhle William Turner out of an Epson 3800 using Epson inks.

Suggestions?

Lea
(who still hasn't yet found a fix to the curled edges of these Hahnemuhle papers. A rep with the company says it's the 'nature of the beast' and just try to 'work the curl out before you print' with it)

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com