Gallery comments for 2-19-11

All,

My thoughts and comments on this past week's gallery just prior to the next
one.

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated FEB 19,  2011.
Authors with work now on display at:
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

               Dan Mitchell - Walkway

I like that the structure is both open and confining. Although the figure is
centered the composition works for me here.

               Don Roberts - Train Pan

The auto-panorama feature, usually used by turning the camera, yields and
interesting look in this image. The linearity is almost disturbing. I like
this very much.

               Marilyn Dalrymple - Still Life - Irises

A very well made still life, Marilyn. I like the color of the flower against
the browns of the rest of the objects. The black background is a nice touch.

               Emily L. Ferguson - Fairhaven trawlers

I like the way this is composed. Most of the time you see these with more
contrast bt I like the muted tones here. It leads to an entirely different
mood which works well.

               Pini Vollach - Muse de Vatican

This is nicely lighted but I'm not sure what the foreground object is doing
here. Since the statue is "resting" on this element it makes for a fun
juxtiposition but not much else.

               Yoram Gelman - Rails in Oakland

The high contrast works here. The movement into the light is good as is the
inclusion of the people. A nice graphical representation of the scene.

               Christopher Strevens - Tram Stop, Budapest Jan 2011

I like the dark mood, Christopher. The image is composed well and the people
work well in the photograph. A slight issue is the way the spires are cut
off but it doesn't really detract.

               Mark Harris - Bodyscape

I want to make it clear that all of my models are properly compensated and
are active participants in the creation of the photographs. I am honored
that they are willing to allow me to make their photographs.

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/