RE: signature ink/pencil ?

When I sign a print its with a paint pen you can get at an art supply store.  For black and white I usually get silver.  If I understand it correctly it should be much like the pigments in a oil paint so it should be archival, it comes in a  pen so its easy to actually use, and comes in a variety of colors that you can select to make sure it is both visible, but fits with the colors around the signature.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: signature ink/pencil ?
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, February 24, 2011 3:17 pm
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Just stick the point of the pen into the rubber gasket thing on the cartridge that normally attaches to the printer ink lines. It doesn't leak and you can still use it in the printer if you want to.  I like having the ink of the signature match the ink of the print and this is the best way to do that.

Tina

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 3:44 PM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, February 24, 2011 12:29, Tina Manley wrote:
> You stick the Rapidograph pen into the ink cartridge and suck up the ink,
> just like you suck it out of an ink bottle.  Not messy at all.

Haven't ever opened an Epson cartridge.  The current generation don't have
sponges, then, I guess?

Yeah, if you can just pry off the top and use it like a bottle, that's not
particularly nasty (though a bit expensive).
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

--
Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com