Re: PF members exhibit 02-05-11

At 10:09 AM -0500 2/5/11, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated FEB 05, 2011. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

            Lea Murphy - Coffee with Lauren

Nice portrait.

            Emily Ferguson - Tea cup

Funny how different color appears depending on which web site is serving it up. I didn't move the cup, or place it there. It was interesting trying to feature the cup while not cutting the DOF to nothing.

            Jim Snarski - Great Blue

I'd crop off the bottom and on the R side. You need more space in front and less behind, but there's too much in front of the bird. I'd also have liked just a tiny bit of motion in the wings. But it's pretty exciting trying to get these shots so I feel a bit bad about being picky!

            Katarina Kitaeva -

Katarina's pieces seem to be laden with emotions I feel relieved not to have experienced. I imagine they stem from the state of the earth and her society since WWII. If not, they do play into the general impression that Americans have of those things. They're interesting to me, but a steady diet of them is pretty harsh on my spirit, too.

            John Palcewski - Winter Blue

I guess I wouldn't have accentuated the un-level part of this. I hope you had a reason.

            Trevor Cunningham - grandfather

If there's a positive connection between those two, this was not the moment to display that expressed it! The man looks like he just got up after a night of drinking to excess - something which he does frequently. The child looks like he's not connected to the person holding him. Perhaps they were both looking at something on the surface in front of them? The excess space above them might have been eliminated by showing more below which would explain the facial expressions.

            Yoram Gelman - Icing

I'm not sure where you are, Yoram, but I'm experiencing an awful lot of distrating background. Could you have gotten lower so you got the sky behind?

            Mark Harris - Kari Marie Reflected

I tried cropping some off the bottom and couldn't justify moving it up further than the heel of the hand in the mirror. There's nothing to crop off the top and you can't crop off the R side any close than the thumb. But there's something too long about the framing for me. Maybe putting the color back in would make me happier.

sorry if I'm a little blunt today.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx