Re: PF member's exhibit 29-01-2011

Some of my thoughts, for what they are worth, on this week's gallery:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JAN 29, 2011. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

          John Retallack -

It is incredible how a simple photograph, in a simple frame, held by a pair of hands, can hold such emotion. This tells a beautiful story, well done, John!

          Lea Murphy - Bloch Museum, Kansas City, Missouri

An elegant composition, Lea. Some have complained about the contrast but I like that this tends to high-key. This gives the hard edges a softer feel.

          Dan Mitchell - Avenue

The sole figure keeps this from being a pure graphical study. He is a nice element that makes this image quite special.

          Christopher Strevens - Budapest 3 Jan 2011

This is a nice study of the monument but, with a different viewpoint, might have been stronger.

          Bob McCulloch - Snow Day

Living in New Jersey I've been looking at a scene just like this for weeks. You have captured the feeling we all have quite well.

          Sherie Taylor - Ice Sculpture

A nice moment captured, Sherie. She looks quite proud of her work, which she should. It could use a little cropping to get rid of most of the bright background.

          Trevor Cunningham - cordoba

Now if we pair this image with Lea's we have the start of a nice gallery show theme. It is interesting how different this feels being darker and with more contrast.

          Yoram Gelman - Malibu

I'm not sure who is doing the watching, the person or the birds. I like the contrast and composition. I also like how the horizon vanishes in the distance.

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/