Re: flash duration

Storage scopes can be set to record negative time from the trigger point so no need to estimate anything. :)

The thing I remember though was that the delay changed with the record length and I had to change the record length to get the full 2 sec to 1/500 sec. Cumbersome. Also by measuring the "power" of the trace would get the integration for the value under the trace. By measuring the maximum voltage of the original and calculating the same area with perfectly straight ideal edges the actual time could be found.

Andy