Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 5627

> Re: THAT picture --
>

> On 01/24/2011 08:50 PM, Kim Mosley wrote:
>> For me, there is an element of dada in this picture. In the same way
>> that Marcel Duchamp put a urinal on a pedestal, we see a rather ordinary
>> snapshot enlarged to human proportions. It opens our eyes, showing us
>> how to see something commonplace in a very new way.

Indeed.  In realty it's like the Emperor's new clothes - if told by those perceived to be in the "know" that something is great-and-good many will believe this, and visit the "thing" and wisely nod their heads and say - "yes, it is great and good" - when in reality its just a nice picture probably taken at a wedding. Not bad, lovely lighting, but not Ansel Adams either - shown in the right way, at the right place, at the right time. Enjoy.