RE: PF members exhibit on 22-01-11

The first image (by Dan Mitchell) is a lovely family scene. They obviously
posed for this image capture. But I like it. I am not impressed by the
second and without the title I would not know it was a dormitory. It is just
a window on the outside. I do not understand the next image as I cannot make
sense of it.... Yes Katarina, when I was young we had these left over from
WWII and I was given exercises in putting it on and how to use it. I used to
carry it around in its little case until it became worn out and it was
disposed of by my family. However for chemistry we always used a fume
cupboard. Dr Phil: A portrait of the twilight years of a successful and
productive life! Budapest: I went there to visit my girl friend but she
failed to show up as she wanted me to travel to Mako. We arranged to meet in
Budapest.... I feel the relationship has failed! The image captured by Don
makes me think how strange the concept "sacred" it. It also applies to the
human body which we do not normally photograph. I would have liked to see
the 1001 wooden images of the Buddha. I wonder if people pray to them or bow
down and worship them or decorate their niches with fruit and flowers? It
surprising that the domestic horse survived the coming of the motor car.
London had a lot of horses before this and until quite recently there was a
riding school up the road from my home and we used to see parties of local
young ladies on their horses trotting up our road. As the metal tide
progressed from two cars owners in the road to nearly everyone the horses
disappeared and the riding school moved out. It is possible that as petrol
prices rise, it is 12 GBP a gallon here, that is about $19 a gallon, the car
will disappear from the road and the horses will return.

Chris