lightroom question

I hope my Lightroom questions aren't a bother but I'm pretty sure someone here can help me figure this out faster than I can muddle through on my own.

I have, thanks to suggestions from this group, figured out that I must have my filters turned off in order to see my Photoshop-edited photos once I return to Lightroom after working on them.

My new question is this: shouldn't an edited image show up immediately once I close it and save in Photoshop?

In my case they are not. I'm having to pick a different keyword search then come back into it in order to get my edited image to show up.

Maybe that's the hitch...the keyword criteria. But why? I notice that the new image (after I finally track it down), once deposited back into Lightroom from editing in Photoshop, is properly keyworded.

The game is afoot!

Any illumination is appreciated.

Lea

your kids . my camera . we'll click