Re: Camera insurance

Mark,

Enjoy your ride.

Since I'm not a pro I have an "All Risk Floater" on my homeowner's policy. I had to list all the gear with Manufacturer, Model, and if available, serial number.Â

The only time I needed it was a while back when I was shooting with my OM-1md. My wife took it to a shower of some kind and a few days later I was unable to remove the lens. She said she dropped it into a "watermelon fruit basket", a basket carved out of a watermelon and filled with fruit. Juicy sweet fruit.....

I took it to the camera shop and told them what happened. They shipped it to Olympus. When I got the bill I sent it to my insurance company and they paid the bill.

So my suggestion is talk with your insurance agent.

Bob

Now I wonder how many of you carry insurance, what companies you use and
whether or not you have been happy with the coverage.  I know I can get
a rider through state farm, but I appreciate any other recommendations.